Your conference interpreter for Dutch, German and English
Welcome! I am glad you found the way to my home page.
I am a conference interpreter by training, with twenty years of experience in interpreting from and into Dutch, German and English. Because of my language combination, I mostly work in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.
Being Flemish (the majority of the Belgian population is Flemish and hence Dutch speaking), my mother tongue is Dutch.
I studied German and English at university level. The language combinations I am offering are as follows:
NL<>DE, NL<>EN, EN<>DE, FR>NL.
- Twenty years of experience as a freelance conference interpreter.
- Around 2,600 assignments successfully completed.
- Wide spectrum of subjects covered over the years.
- Conferences, seminars, congresses, trainings, negotiations, due diligence procedures (company takeovers), official events, high number of European works council meetings.
- Assignments at the highest levels, e.g. for the Belgian and the British Prime Ministers. See my CV for more.
- Based in Brussels, i.e. centrally located in Europe.
- Freelance conference interpreter, i.e. not bound to any institutions (even though I work for a lot of them). This means I'm flexible in terms of scheduling.
- Download my CV for references and more information.
Even though I have provided interpreting assistance in the odd court case, I am not court-certified. This has been a deliberate professional decision. Belgian courts do not offer market compliant rates. In addition, certified interpreting is only a very small part of our market.